So You Think You Can Write?
Script submissions will be accepted from
February 1, 2022, until April 1, 2022!
Rules and Guidelines
1. No fee is required.
2. No restriction of theme or genre.
3. Three (3) scripts submissions are allowed per playwright.
4. Selected playwright winners will be awarded a cash prize of $100.00.
1. Playwright must be the sole author of the submitted work.
2. Playwright must publicly and openly identify themselves as African-American, Black, or of the African diaspora.
3. Previously published or produced work by the author or theatre/company is not allowed.
4. Play must run no longer than 8-10 minutes long on stage. (Consider conducting an informal reading to ensure).
5. Play should accommodate a “bare-stage” set requiring only a minimum of removable stage props and require basic lighting and sound cues.
6. Play must not be a musical.
7. Play must not be written for children or youth.
8. Play must not contain characters that are under 17 years old.
9. Play must not be a re-submission of previous Fade To Black play festival seasons.
10. Play must not be considered a translation or adaptation.
11. Play must not be a film. Screenplays will not be accepted.
12. Play should be a "stand-alone", separate body of work that has not been extracted from a larger, previously written play.
13. Author must be at least 18 years of age.
14. Play must be submitted in a PDF format.
1. Complete the script submissions application online (Click Button Below)
2. Upload pdf of original work.
Write, Playwright, Write!